Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Buckle-up!

I decided to start blogging about my crossfit journey. I began to seriously change my life in January when I quit smoking and in February I became a vegetarian. Needless to say, my life has changed significantly!
I joined a crossfit gym with my husband 3 weeks ago. He has been very active all of his life and had been researching crossfit for months.
I am coming off of two years of illness where I was basically sedetary and on pain medication. I dropped 35 lbs on my own but hit a wall and knew I had to become focused on my health to get to where I wanted to go.
So, I'm 45 and 65 lbs overweight with asthma but a scottish determination that will not let me give up.
I also have a wonderful Trainer John at the Crossfit gym I go to and a wonderfully supportive husband.

I sent John an email last night to thank him for encouraging me during my workout. Usually I am close to puking during my workout but last night I just wanted to cry. The rest of the class finished before me and I was having difficulting breathing and was hurting--so close to tears and I heard John say.."Don't give up--you can do this!"
I did!
He emailed me back and I wanted to add it to my first blog:
Bonnie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this email! I know your
journey will be long, and it won't be easy, but I wont give up as long as you don't either!!

I love knowing that I/we make such differences in peoples lives. We have a couple stories just like yours in our little family and I take great pride in each one :)

Set your sights high and never give up, you will always have people
around to support you in reaching your goals, especially me :)
John

So, here I set sail for my "Long and not easy" journey......

No comments:

Post a Comment