The progress I have been experiencing has had me re-evaluating my diet. I have spent time talking with a dear friend about my 'inability' to eat meat --how I would focus on the death of the animal. I would hear John's voice in my head "You won't get the best results if you are not following a Paleo Diet" After some soul searching and landing in place a reverence for the animal who gives his life for us to eat (a very Native viewpoint) I have introduced meat back into my diet.
I was having horrible acid reflux during workouts (if I wasn't about to puke--I was burning up) John told me it was because of Grains and dairy. So, I have stopped eating grains altogether and have not had any heartburn..oh John ..he is always right..so far..but I will never let him know where my blog is so his head won't get too huge!
Last night's workout was a killer
Warm-up -- 1 k run 5 min of mobility
WOD:
AMRAP in 12 min of;
- 5 Overhead Squat
- 5 Sumo Deadlift High Pull
- 50 skips
- I completed 4 sets + 25 skips (almost 5)
I cried ....
.but in my car this time so that is progress :)
Why do I cry? I'm not sure ..Karl thinks I'm too hard on myself ..I remind him that my thinking is what helped me pull myself out of where I grew up and be the first person in my family to get a University degree :)
I just keep trying.
Oh! Karl hid the scale ..I kept weighing myself and feeling discouraged. There is a difference in my clothes, no doubt, but scale wasn't dropping significantly.
I have abandoned the scale ;) that's huge for me. I have decided to weigh myself 1 time per month.
One last thing..I hurt more today than I can remember--my knees are killing ..such a sweet pain :)
Gracias
No comments:
Post a Comment