I realize it has been a few weeks since I blogged. I have been attending Crossfit 3x per week and recently switched my diet to Paleo (with occasional Dairy--ok..cheese--Gawddd cheese is so hard to give up)
John said I would notice a difference in ability if I were to eat paleo--not sure if I have yet.
I know that eating meat has been a wee bit difficult for me after being a vegetarian for 8 months (for ethical reasons) I'm still not eating chicken. I want to lose 70 lbs in total --not sure how much I have lost since the scale is still hidden :) I'm running out of clothes though..:)
I watched a video this morning:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSqXM0W8tRk&feature=player_embedded
It motivated me so much! I wonder if I will ever do a WOD (work out of the Day) without it being scaled.
I bump into that thinking all the time--it is truly disastrous for me to think that way. This past Sunday I hiked the Dorset WaterTower trail (very steep incline) halfway up as I was panting I hit that old familiar wall--it sounds something like this:
"What the F*** are you thinking..you are fat and 45 ..why do you embarrass yourself like this?" it goes on if I don't stop it..I usually cry around that point.
I wonder what that is about..I have been reflecting and have not figured it out 'yet' I know the sense of accomplishment I feel afterwards it beyond yummy--:)
When I hit the top of the hill I looked at how steep the stairs to the top of the water tower were and how many there were..yowsaaaa!!
I have a horrid fear of heights. We were about to hike down the trail when I decided to do what I was afraid of and headed towards those stairs --I did it! all the way to the top!
I was shaking and exhilarated all at the same time. I wasn't out of breath :) (Thank you Crossfit)
When John told me that Crossfit will strengthen my mind I didn't understand at first..I am beginning to--
Failure is NOT an option--Never Give Up!
Here's to not failing and doing what you are afraid of!
No comments:
Post a Comment